How to recover a deleted WhatsApp conversation
- Although it is not possible to recover the information of a deleted conversation, there is a way to read the deleted messages.
- WhatsApp has become an indispensable tool in the day-to-day life of a large part of society. Currently, it is the most popular messaging
- application in the world according to the number of active monthly users, surpassing Facebook and WeChat, as it has two billion users.
- Despite the fact that it is an app that is used daily, there are many tricks that even its most common users do not know.
Thus it is possible, for example, to listen to an audio message without anyone knowing, avoid appearing online or hide the last connection. But is it possible to read messages from deleted conversations?
- As the company explains, “the history of WhatsApp messages is not stored on our servers.
- We cannot retrieve messages that you have deleted or lost for you.
- ” Thus, from the application itself, it is not possible to read messages that the user has deleted.
- However, there are methods to read deleted messages through cloud storage services if they are backed up.
Steps to follow in iOS
It is not possible to recover deleted WhatsApp messages if a backup is not done first. To do this, the user must go to “WhatsApp / Configuration / Chats / Chats Backup“.
In this way, periodically, the iCloud service will be able to make automatic or scheduled copies, depending on the configuration options chosen.
The backup is stored in the iCloud account and includes both conversations and multimedia files. Videos can be included or excluded, due to their weight.
To recover the message history it is necessary to verify that there is a backup copy in iCloud. If it exists and the user wants to read messages that they have deleted, they will have to delete WhatsApp from the mobile device and download it again from the App Store.
Once this is done, the verification of the phone number will be requested and the steps to follow to restore the chat history will be indicated.
Steps to follow on Android
The application warns Android users the following: «Your WhatsApp chats are saved daily and automatically in the memory of your mobile phone. You also have the option to save your chats to Google Drive ». In this way, similar to iOS, Android can store WhatsApp messages, even those that we delete in the application.
The system automatically stores conversations every 24 hours in a folder inside the device or, if indicated, on the external card.
To read deleted messages it is necessary to make sure that copies of the chats have been made and make one manually for what could happen. To save a backup of your chats, go to “WhatsApp / Menu button / Settings / Chats / Backup / Save”.